FrSky New Products Update- Nov.-2013

General Products Informations And Announcement

Moderators: FlyingAllen, Eva Liu

FrSky New Products Update- Nov.-2013

Postby FlyingAllen » 2013-11-22 5:40

FrSky is developing many new products at simultaneously, and will release in market soon. There blow is the brief introduction and estimate release date for these new products:
Also, we would like to take this opportunity to collect new products suggestions, you are welcome post it at the following.

S.PORT Support Sensors:
1. FAS-40S (FrSky Ampere Sensor-40A for S.Port)
Already released at early of November!
Dimension: 61.2×16.7×13.2mm Weight: 17g
Measurement range: 0~40A
Current consumption: 25mA@5V
Maximum safe current: 40A
Compatibility: FrSky Smart Port enabled receivers, such as X8R, X6R, X4R, etc.

2. FLVSS (FrSky Lipo voltage sensor for S.PORT)
Already released!
Compatibility: FrSky Smart Port enabled receivers, such as X8R, X6R, X4R, etc.

Supporting 2pcs+ FLVSS sensor connection on S.PORT bus to detecting total 12cells + voltages, which is max. Support 16pcs same sensors connect on S.PORT bus. The PC program for sensors ID configuration will supplied, also the new telemetry display screen FSD is supporting the ID configuration.

3. GPS (FrSky GPS V2 for S.PORT)
Estimate available at early of Dec. 2013

4. FSD (FrSky Smart Dashboard)
Estimate available at the end of Dec. 2013
This product will integrate many new features, such as voice, SD card data logger, usb interface, SMART Port etc. , the main screen will apply 2.4’ OLED

5. SPORT adapter- SP2UART
Estimate available at end of Nov. 2013
Functions: 1, support date-transmission between serial analog ports at S.PORT BUS.
2, support two analog signal input vis S.PORT

6. FAS-100S ((FrSky Ampere Sensor-40A for S.Port)
Estimate available at end 2013 or early January

7. Air Speed sensor & RPM
Estimate available at January or February of 2014.

X-series Receiver: X6R
Estimate available at middle of December.
- Six physical channel
- S.PORT, SBUS, RSSI support
- Built in external analog AD port.

Servo:
Three modes SBUS support servo estimate available at December!

Radio: Taranis X9D +
Estimate available about two months.
The Taranis X9D+ will have some new features and functions over the Taranis X9D, including haptic, upgraded sliders, dual-color LED backlight grey-scale display, 6-position replaceable encoder, etc.

* Current Taranis X9D radio can obtain parts of new X9D+ features via components replacement and firmware upgrade.

FlyingAllen
Zeble
Zeble

Re: FrSky New Products Update- Nov.-2013

Postby dogjumpjump » 2013-11-22 8:06

Just bought X9D... can't imagine frsky release new version of X9D in short period :o
dogjumpjump

Postby Scott Page » 2013-11-22 18:31

dogjumpjump wrote:Just bought X9D... can't imagine frsky release new version of X9D in short period :o

Fortunately FrSky is providing an upgrade path for the early adopters. If a product has room for improvement, it seems wise to make those changes as early as possible as this is a very fast evolving market. The vendor that sits on a static product is going to be quickly passed by the manufacturer that is quick to adopt and implement new ideas and technologies.

I applaud FrSky for offering the upgrade path. Perhaps there will be a market for users who want offer the upgrade as a service for those who are hesitant.
Scott Page

Postby degreaser » 2013-11-22 22:59

Please add an improved USB connector to the list. I've had numerous instances of the radio loosing the computer connection by a small movement of the USB cable.
degreaser

Postby DroneMission » 2013-11-23 6:00

您好!. We like the GPS (FrSky GPS V2 for S.PORT), maybe enhance it to be a GPS locator, via sms. When it is out of range it will still send a sms through GSM lower frequency.

- 楊 DroneMission.com
DroneMission

Postby clivew » 2013-11-24 0:29

I do hope the 6-position replaceable encoder will be available as an upgrade part!
clivew

Postby whiskey29 » 2013-11-25 2:35

I just bought the 9xd and it hasn't even arrived yet, and there is another better version :(
whiskey29

Postby FlyingAllen » 2013-11-25 3:25

dogjumpjump wrote:Just bought X9D... can't imagine frsky release new version of X9D in short period :o

Do not worry, many news features including upgraded slider, 6-position replaceable encoder, and Vibration functions etc. can obtain via relate component replacement directly.

Some advance replace components will available earlier than the X9D+..
FlyingAllen
Zeble
Zeble

Postby dogjumpjump » 2013-11-25 7:50

I recommend the upgrade components part can sell in one package with upgrade manual. Also, frsky can consider to have own taobao shop or Agent taobao shop to sell most updated product, or replacement parts of X9D

Joy dial function ( like Futaba FF9)
http://www.rc-airplane-advisor.com/imag ... y-dial.jpg

Fail safe setting warning
if user do not set throttle to -100%, during set X9R type receiver, warning should given before confirm, since some old style user like me, just put all stick in desired position and press set. this is wrong.
Or you may default the throttle position to -100 in the fail safe setting page, not 0
Or X9D can automatically read stick position in fail safe setting page

Vibration strength level can let user to set

Touch screen can be consider, but please ensure with lock function

Can you produce a protection screen for X9D? I want to protect my large and beautiful X9D screen

Please develop Futaba style module converter, because many user using futaba rather than JR, they have a lot of futaba module or frsky module in futaba style
Like this one
http://www.flytron.com/123-897-thickbox ... dapter.jpg

One new function recommandation in receiver
I recommand to add a new port for backup battery in receiver.
In case of ESC or UBEC power failure accidentially, plane will lost control and make accident. I recommend frsky can consider to develope a power backup port in advance receiver like X8R. So we can plug a little backup battery to backup port. When receiver detect BEC voltage drop to accidentally level, like 4.5v or lower, receiver can automatically switch the power supply from backup power port and make warning to X9D. So that even throttle is down, we can still able to control sevro to glide our plane to land.

Other than that, frsky can consider to develop 433 plus GSM module, and receiver more that 10ch, because L9R is not enough for long range fpv

Please develop 10ch + receiver with smart port, x8r is not enough channel, but it is costly to buy two receivers for 16channel. Heavy and need space
dogjumpjump

Postby UnHappyFace » 2013-11-25 19:07

Hi,

I think your hardware refresh cycle is too long.

Take the Taranis X9D for example: 2 months from Rev A to Rev B and then 2 whole months again from Rev B to the X9D+

As another member has stated "If a product has room for improvement, it seems wise to make those changes as early as possible as this is a very fast evolving market".

As such, I would recommend updating your hardware on a weekly basis. Just have a meeting every Monday morning, review the forum posts from the previous week and release a new version of the Taranis.
UnHappyFace

Next

Return to Product General