F.Port is the newest protocol which is developed by FrSky in collaboration with BetaFlight open source flight controller firmware team. It is based on the tried and true SBUS and S.Port protocols and vastly improves convenience and ease of use on FPV drones when compared to any other old protocols. It does this by combining RC control and telemetry (including RSSI) into a single protocol, removing the need for more than one signal lines between the receiver and the flight controller.
– simplified connection between receiver and flight controller;
– Easier set up of the flight controller firmware.
– Improved utilization of the bus (faster transmission rate)
– Thanks to the collaboration of BetaFlight Team in the design, development and testing of F.Port.
– BetaFlight firmware support for F.Port is currently in testing, release 3.3 (03/2018) will add full F.Port support.
– Receiver firmware support for F.Port is currently available for FrSky RXSR /X4R/ X4R-SB/ XSR/ XSR-M receivers. More FrSky receivers, such as R9M Slim, will be available with F.Port support in the near future.
– F.Port receivers are not compatible with other S.Port sensors.
How to set up it with BetaFlight FC please check the link below (wiki page of BetaFlight website):
You can find the testing firmware in the DOWNLOAD section of each product.(XSR/XSR-M/X4R/X4RSB/XSRF3O/XSRF3PO/XSRF4O/XSRF4PO)
We are very welcome the people who have the interest to test the F.Port protocol.